Warrior Ferrets
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Season: Early Summer, Time of Day: Evening, Food Supply: Rich, Mating: Yes, Kits: Yes, Snow: No, Rain: No, Hail: No, Current Weather: Sunny,
Affiliates
[Desert Warriors] [Stargazers RP]

Ferret Facts

2 posters

Go down

Ferret Facts Empty Ferret Facts

Post by Kusuma Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Some info on our furry friends the ferrets.

*a male ferret is called a hob, when he is neutered (fixed) he is called a gib
*a female ferret is called a jill, when she is spayed (fixed) she is called a sprite
*a young ferret is called a kit
*ferrets can change color with seasons and age, a white ferret may turn yellow when growing old (my ferret Megan is, she is five years old)
*the scientific name of the ferret is mustela putorius furo, (I know that by heart ^U^)
*Are Ferrets Wild Animals?
Domestic pet ferrets, are not wild animals. They have been domesticated for a very long time, perhaps two or three thousand years. They're not equipped to survive for very long on their own; escaped pets suffer from dehydration, starvation and exposure, and usually don't survive more than a few days unless someone takes them in. Unlike cats and dogs, ferrets aren't even large enough to push over garbage cans and scavenge.
Domestic ferrets are generally believed to be descended from the European polecat; they were originally used as hunting animals to catch rabbits and rodents. They weren't supposed to kill the prey, they just chased them out of their holes and the farmers (hunters) killed them. This practice is now illegal in the U.S. and Canada, but it's still fairly popular in the U.K. and some other places.

*ferrets have been domesticated for at least 2500 years!!!
*the black footed ferret isn't really a ferret, it is a distant relitive, ferrets were bred in Europe, while the black foot evolved in North America.
*ferrets live approximently 8 to ten years, the oldest ferret ever recorded lived to 15 years of age
Kusuma
Kusuma
Admin

https://ferretwarriors.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ferret Facts Empty Re: Ferret Facts

Post by FoodIsYummy Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:06 pm

cool. that last one will help a lot on the age section of forms.
FoodIsYummy
FoodIsYummy
Young Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusuma Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:22 pm

And the one that says ferrets would die in the wild within' a day or two, shows that this rp is 100% sci-fi... I think.
Kusuma
Kusuma
Admin

https://ferretwarriors.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down